Skip to main content

friday favorites instagram edition.

I spend unhealthy amounts of time scrolling through Instagram, and I'm only kind of sorry about it.  I follow a few hundred accounts, but I have my select favorites.  Today for Friday Favorites, I've compiled an Instagram edition where I share my favorite accounts and why.

1. Kate Call @latewithkate
Ok you guys... I discovered this account when I was turned on to her story about accidentally brushing her teeth with what she assumed was toothpaste, and actually wasn't.  I thought I was going to die laughing.  Kate is beautiful, a mom of four girls--if I'm allowed to have favorites then #naughtynova is mine--Target obsessed, and has dance moves to rival all the acts on World of Dance.  The woman literally has me spitting out my drinks 90% of the time--and we all know how serious that must be.  She posts videos of her and her husband attempting couples yoga poses, and all of her stories are hilarious.  From when she thought her OBGYN called her "beefy" to her experience with laser hair removal, from grilled cheese to walnuts, you will never stop laughing with Kate.  She is real, fun, and an account that totally brightens my day.

2. Kelly Jensen @kellyejensen
I have followed Kelly for a long time, and this is an account I turn to when I'm feeling downtrodden or in need of something uplifting.  Kelly is the mom I want to be.  She has 5 kids, one of which has special needs, and she is always doing such fun things with them.  She is such a family advocate, and bears her testimony often about what she believes in and why.  She is positive, without being unrealistic, and she and her husband are the cutest couple ever.  Kelly is someone I look up to as an example of motherhood, womanhood, service, and member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Plus, her home is AMAZING. Hey Kelly... if you ever read this, will you come build me a patio like yours with hanging chairs? Thanks much.

3. Trey Kennedy @treynkennedy
Most of you have seen Trey's videos online.  He is famous for his "Girls be like..." videos where he pretends to be a girl in different scenarios like the Superbowl or fall.  He is another one who always has me in stitches.  His "If Bible Characters Had Smartphones" video is HILARIOUS.  This account is completely satirical and snarky which speaks to my soul.  I'm obsessed.

4. Tara Thueson @tarathueson
I've talked about Tara on here before, and I'll probably never stop.  She was the inspiration for my pantry design, and all things tech.  She is a mom, and although she loves dogs--which we won't hold against her--she has a beautiful new home that I want to live in.  She is a small shop owner, loves online shopping, and is always up to date on the latest technology gadgets and apps.  So basically... we are spirit animals and destined to be besties.  She just doesn't know I exist as a human being.  It's fine.  I love following all her adventures--the woman travels more than any other human on earth--and seeing what she does with and without kids.  I love her podcast and how sometimes she sneaks inappropriate comments in on her feed. We all know I love a good innuendo.



5. Alison Faulkner @thealisonshow
I knew Alison and I were destined to be soulmates when I came across the birthday party she threw for herself.  I'm not talking like go to dinner with friends, I'm talking a people bought tickets, men dressed as sharks, popping out of a cake, costume and make-up type party here people.  I follow ALL of her instagram accounts--there are more than one--and have listened to her podcasts all the way through more than once.  Alison is in your face and an advocate of believing in yourself, taking care of yourself, being your best self, and doing the dang thing.  If you are a business owner, influencer, or even just a human being that needs a kick in the pants occasionally, Alison is your girl.





6.Kelsey Nixon @kelseynixon
I used to have like 18 apps downloaded for recipes.  Then, as I was watching Food Network one day--I had yet to discover Queer Eye and Fixer Upper wasn't on--I saw an old familiar face.  Kelsey Nixon is a girl from my area who made it big in the food world.  I knew her sister better, but I cheered Kelsey on as she competed on Food Network shows, was a faithful blog reader when she moved to New York as a newlywed, and was thrilled when I discovered her intsa! Kelsey is down to earth, always happy, and her food is amazing.  She is one of my go-to's for recipes that are family friendly and don't include weird ingredients I have to find in the depths of the rainforest. The story of her little family is heartwarming, and she is another one I go to when I'm feeling a big run down.




7. Naomi Davis @taza
Anyone married to a man with the insta-handle @tiesandfries has to be cool, right? Naomi was another gal whose blog I read WAY back in my teller days--thats over a decade people--and I've been along for the ride as all 5 of her kids came into the world.  Her and her husband live in New York where they are raising their children, and I really enjoy her style.  Naomi is vintage and retro and the only human I know who can pull off her haircut.  I love seeing her travel tips, daily life of motherhood, and how unafraid she is to be exactly the person she is.  This is a girl comfortable in her skin, and inspiring in her go-getter attitude when it comes to mommin' hard.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

knock it right off

Working in the junior high means I get to see a lot of things--some good, some bad.  Lots of ugly and lots of smelly.  One thing I see repeatedly, however, is people being mean to each other.  And I'm not just talking about the students.  Parents are mean to each other.  Parents are mean to staff and teachers.  Teachers are mean to each other.  Teachers are mean to parents and students.  Students are mean to staff and teachers.  I want to strap a Go-Pro to my head and let the world see exactly what I see, because I think the majority of society would be appalled. And this morning I realized that I have had enough. The problem is, I don't feel like this behavior is strictly found inside the walls of this school.  In fact, if we are being honest with ourselves, I think the same behavior is found literally everywhere.  People are mean.  And right now "bullying" is a buzz word.  Now, I'm not going to point the finger at everyone else.  I'm the meanest human I kn

i never wanted to be a teacher, but here we are

I've taught English for almost a decade.  For a while it was 8th and 9th grade, but for the last six years I have taught strictly 9th and 9th grade honors English.  I've also coached cheerleading and been the student government advisor, which means that over the course of the last nine years I have worked with the best this junior high has to offer.  Don't get me wrong, all 15 year old kids can be squirrly and obnoxious, but for the most part--if you smack them around a little--they are so fun. Those elementary teachers, though? They are the real heroes. If you screw up a kid in elementary, they are screwed for life... at my job, they come already screwed up.  Way less pressure that way. I'm obviously kind of kidding. My days are mostly the same.  Instruction, grading, a hormonal girl crying, pulling two kids away from each other as they try to make out in  the hall--my kids know my rules on PDA: 1. you must be good looking and 2. you must be good at it, and they are

home tour part 1

You've all been begging for it--and by all I mean like 3 of you--so here it is.  We love our home, and one post wouldn't do it justice, so here is part one.  Say hello to the heart of the Hodges' home--the kitchen, dining, and pantry spaces.                           When we were designing the kitchen, the original plan was quite a bit different than the end result.  For example, I originally wanted a copper apron sink, but since I didn't have $4,000 to throw in that direction, we had to adapt.   The other day, Dewy and I were talking and he said, "Amber, face it.  You get whatever you want.  Just admit it." Although I knew he wasn't wrong, I didn't want to admit that I knew he spoke gospel truth here.  If I want it, I get it.  Sometimes it's because Dewy wants it too.  Sometimes it's because Dewy doesn't care, and sometimes it's because I knew he would hate it so I didn't ask before hand but went ahead and made eyes at him